Friday, September 2, 2011

Blog Assignment # 2

did you know
Did you know?
The 3.0 video has really intrigued me on how fast technology has traveled across the whole world. In the video there were so many important facts stated about technology i was just astonished. I caught myself glued to the screen wanting to make sure I read every word phrase. All the interesting facts given in the video I didn't even know myself. I realized that I too have yet to really grasp the importance of technology on the World.Technology has made such a huge advancement in our world today it is importance of keeping yourself updated. Also in understanding the dependence our world is on the technology and the challenges of being able to use it.

Our world today has changed in a lot ways thanks to technological advancement in jobs, schools, and communication. America has expanded in opportunity and other wonderful successes due to technological inventions.It really is a wonderful video in educating our world in the importance of the World is to relying on technology. Technology has provided us with many tools in educating our students more in the future with the ideas of China and India. Within watching the video it proves how much more teachers should be familiar with technology ,and what is it doing for our World.


Mr wakes
Mr. Winkle Wakes!
I really liked watching this video, because it showed the importance of knowing what is happening around you such as technological wise. Some adults have let technology pass them by in wanting no part, no change, and no interest. To many adults they haven't seen the major importance of needing to know ,and in understanding why. Even kids of all ages should be keeping up with becoming more educated each day on the new advances around them.

Mr. Wakes demonstrates the use of technology in the medical fields, jobs, Social networks, and communication except for schools. In the video he is captured running to the schools where he felt more at home. You are able to see this emotion and point to show the schools are not involved in the new advances. The schools have not found the importance in learning and the essential value in providing kids with this information. They need to become more familiar in what's going on outside of the school. Technology should be incorporated in schools,and teaching. This video shows the importance of why they should be more involved.

 creativity
School kills creativity
I really enjoyed watching Ken Robinson's video on "schools kill creativity". This video was very enlightening to watch. I believe and agree 100% in what he was speaking about on the importance of Art. Teaching creativity is just as important as teaching literacy in schools. As Robinson says, "Be prepared to be wrong, kids lose that along the way", through the years. I liked his thoughts on how we should educate in creativity instead of growing out of learning. The video made me question myself," why don't we teach dance, art, music, and creativity to all generations?" A lot of what kids enjoy doing are not praised, but are told they can not become that in the future career.

We need to reconstruct academically in schools: incorporate arts ,and creativity into lessons. As a kid I loved being creative, but it wasn't in school as much but more at home.Creativity is just as important as all other subjects as Math and English are.It develops endless possibilities limitless to kids. Their imagination is developed and are full of ideas in expressing their selves ! We as teachers need to value ideas and the creativity of the children. Instead of the arts being given as "busy work" or to occupy them during free time. I personally think creativity should be taught and expanded in schools.We are shortening the spectrum of learning arts for the kids today with not having them included are made important.

Cecelia Gault
This video was wonderful! I loved how Mr. Robinson was interviewed by a student. I love how he didn't have to think of what to say he spoke from the heart. I responded to this video by wanting to portray all the important facts mentioned to my future class. I want to make sure the Cecelia in my classroom gets a great education.I will provide her with help in guiding her to the right path. I want to explain the importance of intelligence being diverse, but everyone contains intelligence no matter the color or age. She will learn the greatness of exploring all different ideas,matters, and subjects. I will take what Mr.Robinson said about how creativity revolves in everyone not just certain people,but a quality everyone possesses with their own creative ability.

Vicki Davis
Vicki Davis is a school teacher in a small community enhancing the quality of technology in her classroom.MS. Davis brings enlightenment and forms of different more advanced technology to her students.Vicki teaches them the new tools of social networking,and how to use advanced games all within technology. She stays connected all around the world speaking on her teaching motives with different people and Countries.

I seen in the video where she believes you as a teacher do not have to know everything before teaching. She uses literacy in this course in teaching terms for the students to be able to use their brain.Vicki has taught her students to use google to help define what the word means. The empowerment of the students helps push their selves to want to learn more on their own. She keeps the students interacting and being involved with one another through class time and Digiteen. Digiteen is a website for teen students can create Blogs, chat groups, and to become connected with people their own age from around the world. Also the class is able to connect with and interact with her through her lessons. The students are inspired to communicate with people across the world , and being able to travel to different places. Vicki connects all the new perspectives of technological advancements from outside to her students on the inside. The students really enjoy and learn new advancements everyday thanks to their teacher Vicki Davis.

5 comments:

  1. Morgan,

    The content of your post cannot be evaluated because of the amount writing mistakes. Please go back and revise your post then let me know you've done so. Then I will evaluate your reflection. It seems your post could be good if it had less errors. As a future teacher, these are skills you will need on a daily basis. Feel free to come in the lab and we will help you. There's also a free-help writing center in the Humanities building. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand those are skills I will need and I am working on them. I just happen to write what i was wanting to say back words and not in the way it was suppose to be presented. I revised my post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Morgan!

    First off, I love your page, it is very seeker friendly. I am not at all blogger "literate" and just by being on your page I've learned how I can make my blog page better with more details. As stated above, the only thing I can see that would need revision or help for your next blogs is proofreading and just making sure sentence structure makes sense. For example, in the first paragraph "I" isn't capitalized, in the third paragraph in your first sentence "such as" isn't necessary and in your paragraph about Vicki Davis the sentence starts out with "I seen in the video" where that should say something like "In the video I saw...". But, other than that, I agree with all the topics you've spoken on. Creativity is more vital than I thought in the classrooms. Thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katie!
    Thank you I'm glad you loved my page! I tried to make it friendly to everyone! I appreciate your advice on my post.I will take what you have pointed out and make sure to correct it in my future posts! Your advice and the way you presented it to me was great and not offensive nor rude. Thank you again Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for revising your post. But your writing still needs work. I have three major suggestions:
    1. Create an outline of what you want to say.
    2. Have something to say with every sentence you write.
    3. Consider going to the Writing Lab for help.

    Let's take your first paragraph from your revised post:

    "The 3.0 video has really intrigued me on how fast technology has traveled across the whole world. In the video there were so many important facts stated about technology i was just astonished. I caught myself glued to the screen wanting to make sure I read every word phrase. All the interesting facts given in the video I didn't even know myself. I realized that I too have yet to really grasp the importance of technology on the World.Technology has made such a huge advancement in our world today it is importance of keeping yourself updated. Also in understanding the dependence our world is on the technology and the challenges of being able to use it."

    I will take it sentence by sentence. 1. You were "intrigued" ? That means curious. My guess is that you meant surprised. "...how fast technology has traveled across the whole world." Did you really mean to imply that technology took a ride on a jet plane? Or maybe a rocket ship? I think you meant how rapidly technology has become extremely important in most aspects of life throughout the world.Or something like that. 2. Your were "astonished," and "glued to the screen." How did you get yourself loose? Why is this sentence necessary? 3. Who expected you to know all of the facts revealed in the video? 4. OK, so this is new to you. 5. Maybe this would be better: It is incumbent upon us to stay informed about the advances in technology and to be able to use technology to further our economic, personal and political interests. At least that says something. 6. This sentence makes no sense to me at all. What were you trying to say?

    I won't continue, but if you want a complete analysis of what you have written, call me. My number one suggestion is create an outline before you write. Doing that should help more than anything else!

    "It really is a wonderful video in educating our world in the importance of the World is to relying on technology." What does this mean?

    "Technology has provided us with many tools in educating our students more in the future with the ideas of China and India." What ideas of China and India?

    How do you teach students to be creative? Or can that be done?

    "She uses literacy in this course in teaching terms for the students to be able to use their brain." What did you intend to say?

    You could also benefit by going to the Writing Lab in Alpha East.

    ReplyDelete